A new Mouse Telegram has arrived and with it This Week In News (T.W.I.N.)! This is our new weekly new wrap up in case you missed the daily news from Disney. So, here’s a rundown of what Disney has announced this week!
Let's start in Hollywood Studios:
- Pizza Rizzo, set to open this fall (possibly September), will feature Italian-American cuisine in a re-imagined Pizza Planet, now themed for the Muppets and featuring our witty Rizzo, along with plenty of touches referencing Rizzo's numerous family members and some of Rizzo's famous Muppet friends.
- Early Morning Magic- starts August 1- similar to what has been in place in Magic Kingdom (which has been extended through September 30, 2016) guests get to enter HS early before park opening, beginning at 7:45am, and will experience Star Tours – The Adventures Continue, Toy Story Mania!, Pixar Place character greetings (with Woody and Buzz), and Mickey and Minnie on Commissary Lane and Olaf at Celebrity Spotlight. Guests will also enjoy a all-you-care-to-eat breakfast at the ABC Commissary from 8:00-10:00am. The Early Morning Magic mornings do require park admission and are separate than Extra Magic Hours as they are held on different dates. Ticket prices are $69 for adults, $59 for children. For reservations- visit DisneyWorld.com/EarlyMorningMagic to reserve or call 407-827-7350 for more information.
Club Villain returns for Halloween 2016! Select Friday and Saturday nights from September 2, 2016 through October 29, 2016 and October 31, 2016, guests can purchase tickets to enjoy some deliciously wicked time with our favorite Disney villains, including the host Dr. Facilier. Guests will enjoy food, performances, and interaction with other villains, including the Queen of Hearts, Evil Queen, Maleficent, and Cruella de Vil, all while the DJ spins some wicked tunes. The party starts at 5:15 or 8:30pm and costs $129 per person. Tickets can be purchased online or by calling 407-939-3463. Separate park admission is required.
- And most importantly- Star Wars Land received new concept art!
Heading over to Disney Springs, where more changes are happening on a daily basis, we have some openings and upcoming events to talk about.
- Opening of Homecoming: Florida Kitchen and Southern Sunshine- one of the newest restaurants to open in Disney Springs, from celebrity Chef Art Smith (of BBQ Pitmaster Judge fame), and features “farm-to-fork” food. Chef Art Smith was an intern at Disney and has returned to Florida and his WDW home with a celebration that is embodied in his new restaurant. Read a moving interview conducted by the Orlando Sentinel here. Check out the menu here! This is on the Disney Dining Plan as of opening day.
- Raglan Road will host the 5th Irish Hooley this year-Labor Day Weekend- September 2-5, which features great foods, local craft beers and alcohol, as well as fun entertainment including the Raglan Road Dancers. The Screaming Orphans will headline this year, who are an Irish band of the 4 Diver sisters, along with other performers including The Raglan Roots Coalition, Flat Out, The Marianne Fraser Band, The High Road, Swingin’ On The Gate, Cooney and Ryan and Jake Richardson.
Epcot is also getting ready for some fall events, including the most wonderful time of the year- the annual International Food & Wine Festival!
- Epcot International Food and Wine Festival 2016 menus have been released!
Eat to the Beat Concert series line-up and dates have been announced! Here’s a look at the full lineup:
Sept. 14-15 – Wang Chung NEW! “Everybody Have Fun Tonight”
Sept. 16-18 – STARSHIP featuring Mickey Thomas “We Built This City”
Sept. 19-20 – Air Supply “All Out of Love”
Sept. 21-23 – BoDeans NEW! “Closer to Free”
Sept. 24-25 – Fuel “Hemorrhage (In My Hands)”
Sept. 26-28 – Sugar Ray “Fly”
Sept. 29-30 – Los Lobos “La Bamba”
Oct. 1-2 – David Cook “Light On”
Oct. 3-4 – Wilson Phillips “Hold On”
Oct. 5-6 – Blues Traveler “Run-Around”
Oct. 7-9 – Plain White T’s NEW! “Hey There Delilah”
Oct. 10-11 – 38 Special “Hold On Loosely”
Oct. 12-13 – Jeffrey Osborne NEW! “On the Wings of Love”
Oct. 14-16 – Tiffany “I Think We’re Alone Now”
Oct. 17-19 – Dennis DeYoung: The Music of Styx “Lady”
Oct. 20-21 – Christopher Cross “Sailing”
Oct. 22-23 – Toad The Wet Sprocket NEW! “Walk on the Ocean”
Oct. 24-25 – Chaka Khan “I Feel for You”
Oct. 26-27 – Billy Ocean “Caribbean Queen”
Oct. 28-29 – Living Colour NEW! “Cult of Personality”
Oct. 30-Nov. 1 – Hanson “Get the Girl Back”
Nov. 2-3 – Soul Asylum NEW! “Runaway Train”
Nov. 4-6 – Delta Rae NEW! “Bottom of the River”
Nov. 7-9 – Boyz II Men “Motownphilly”
Nov. 10-11 – Sister Hazel “All For You”
Nov. 12-14 – Big Bad Voodoo Daddy “Go Daddy-O”
And finally- to tie up this week's news, let's go over some other miscellaneous announcements.
New Fantasyland Tsum Tsum series will come to Disney Parks on July 22, 2016! The series includes Philharmagic Mickey, Princess Minnie, Mr. Toad, the hippo and a boy from It's A Small World, a carousel horse, and a teacup from the Mad Tea Party. There's also a sneak peak of the Adventureland series, set for this fall, featuring the Orange Bird and a Jungle Cruise skipper!
DVC pool hopping list expands to include the pool at Wilderness Lodge, the Silver Creek Springs pool, in preparation for the new DVC villas that are under construction.
The Headless Horseman will ride this Halloween season (September 9-October 31) over in Disneyland Resort! This spooky parade leader will join the other seasonal festivities including the Haunted Mansion Holiday and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy (meaning Hyperspace Mountain will be changed).
Star Wars Episode VIII has finished filming as Star Wars Celebration is underway in London!
And a new poster for Rogue One! Who's ready for December?
Hope everyone had a great week! Enjoy the weekend and I'll see you next week!